Here are my ad hoc short stories from 2014:
1. Lazarus – Leonid Andreyev (Not a story for the faint of heart, but well worth reading. I’m not posting about it, but feel free to check out Jay’s great post here.)
2. The Library of Babel – Jorge Luis Borges (A story that warrants lots of re-reads, read about it at Candiss’ excellent post here.)
3. Fat Man and Little Boy – Gary A. Braunbeck (A great Ray Bradbury tribute and one of the more memorable fictional friendships, read a great post about it by Katherine).
4. A Canary for One – Ernest Hemingway (Here is a post about it at James Reads Books).
5. Bullet in the Brain – Tobias Wolff (I found a little bit of humor in what the protagonist found funny – I’m not sure that’s a good thing. Read more about this story over at Candiss’ blog).